Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Following the Leader...

Jesus called out to some men who would later be known as disciples. Jesus said, "Come follow me and I will make you fishers of man." I love to fish, it is really relaxing and just a lot of fun. I have been known to use live bait and just a lure. I am always looking for new ways to catch fish that really work. Jesus asked the 12 to just leave it all, pick up the courage of Christ, the faith of Christ and catch people. I want with all my heart to be a people catching, kingdom building, fisherman! I want it to be His way, not my way. For it is His kingdom, not mine and its all for His glory not mine! Living life to please Jesus is life abundantly. Living life to please self is worldliness = no life! Since 2006 God has called my wife and I to some very deep and at times painful learning. As I reflect back on these past 3 yrs I am still reminded of the pain since every week my wife and I are giving our oldest daughter shots for her "JRA" who is only 3. That has been the hardest part of reflection journey. Most of it has just been denying self and following the Master Jesus Christ. Life is tough, but God is so faithful. I have been feeling like Moses must have when he went through some real dry time. I am reminded that Jesus is the Spring of life that never goes dry. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Jesus is everything to me and My hearts desire is to be faithful to him every step of this next journey He calls me to. I earnestly want to be a fisher of people. God so loved People that he sent Jesus to DIE! I love Jesus!!! May Jesus use me to build His Church, His Kingdom, and to fulfill His Will...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Our Father rewards those who diligently seek after Him, and those who are faithful and obedient to Him! Your reward is in Jesus, and your harvest is now coming in; "...above and beyond all that you could possibly think or imagine..." Get ready to recieve from God ABUNDANTLY in all areas of your lives!! HE IS ABLE!!! We are praising God with you both, we love you so much, Mom Cindy.