Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday...

The thought of someone dying for me, literally for me, so that I might have life and have it to the full is out of this world amazing. Jesus died, Jesus gave his life, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. John 19:1-6, says, "Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged. The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe and went up to him again and again, saying, Hail, king of the Jews! And they struck him in the face. Once more Pilate came out and said to the Jews, Look, I am bringing him out to you to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him. When Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, Pilate said to them, Here is the man! As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY! To remember that no one took the life of Jesus, but Jesus laid down his own life for us, that while we were sinners Christ died for US! Remember this, that the blood that flowed from Jesus as he hung on the cross, was for YOU & ME! I wonder does he still feel the nails every time I fail, does he hear the crowd shouting crucify again and again, am I causing him pain, then I know I have got to change because I can not bare the thought of hurting him more! What amazing Grace! Thank you Jesus for dying so that I might live! Thank you for the cross, in that it represents your love for mankind. Thank you Jesus for loving us so much that you chose the hard cross road of life, that we might have life. Amen...

No comments: