Thursday, June 11, 2009

Living on the Promises of God

Psalm 91:9-16, "If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent (house). For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." I have to say we serve a God who is bigger than we are! We serve a God who knows all and sees all and nothing is hidden from Him! I am so thankful to know that my ways and thoughts are not as high as Almighty God. I think we try to often to make God into this little God! I don't know about you but I don't need a little God, but a mighty God who is able to do more than I can even think, ask or even imagine! What an awesome God! When people can say they understand God then watch out because is greater than our minds can even comprehend! I love Jesus and desire to serve him and follow him. Him promises are for the believer, for the child of the King. And we are able to stand upon them and live secure and solid lives all for His glory! The world is so full of themselves and they are being blinded so they can't even believe by the god of this world (Satan), and only Jesus Christ can set the captive free, only JESUS. Living in His Grip, Out!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

We do tend to limit God in our thoughts. I know that I certainly have, and then He'll show me how small my thinking, and believing is, by doing something OUTRAGEOUSLY AWESOME in my life or the lives of others! I LOVE seeing Him in action!!! Love you too, Chris! Mom Cindy