Thursday, August 28, 2008

Looking beyond...

Well, my week of working nights has finally come to a close. My body is extremely worn out and is ready for some needed rest. This has been one of those weeks where I seemed to just kind of come to a stop and wonder how can I get out the financial pinch that I am in. Let me just say that stop signs at intersections are placed for only a temporary stop, but not to STOP you from reaching your destination. When life hits us we tend to stop and ponder on it far more than what God ever intended. Jesus said, Come unto to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest. Jesus also said to cast ALL your anxiety on upon Him because He cares for you! Carly my loving but very patient wife, said to me, GET YOUR CHIN UP! You know sometimes getting the chin up is tough, but for us who call ourselves Christians, then it is a must. If not we find ourselves like Peter possibly walking on water, as Peter did, but taking our eyes off of who really matters and focusing on life, and then we start to sink. I must confess I have been in the sink mode this week. But thanks be to Jesus Christ, I don't have to carry this anxiety this stress, all I have to do is give it over to Jesus, who is able to do more than I could ever ask or even began to imagine. I believe that Jesus is calling us to look beyond our current situations, and our current frustrations, and look beyond, meaning look deep into His heart! I love Jesus, & I want to say that it is time for me to look beyond where I am, and look fully into the grace of Jesus Christ! Life is not about me anyhow but Jesus... Believe in the Right NOW! Living For Jesus...

2 comments:

The Great One said...

Chris, I am praying for you man!!! I know how our cares can weigh us down. we need to be like David and encourage ourselves in the Lord our God!!!

Stay in the Race!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Chris. This is Josh, your bro-in-law. Just a quick note to let you know that was a great post and I liked the part on casting anxiety to God. Take care.

Josh