Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NO FEAR!

Psalm 37:3-6
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."
Nike says, "Just Do It" but really where do we take those words and place them into action? Over and over again God gives us constant words of direction followed with powerful words of encouragement. Often times these words fall on cold hearts or idle lives. I am convinced that God is not calling us into a trust relationship just because, but understand that God is longing for intimacy with you and me. God does not have favorites but he does have intimates! As we trust God he gives us safety in the land we live in. Hard times, struggles beyond imagination are here but God is present and He cares for you and for me! As we delight ourselves in Jesus, our hearts desires become fulfilled. I believe its critical to remember that Life is not about us, but Jesus! The bible tells us that if our ways will be committed to God, then our righteousness is going to shine and the justice of our cause will come forth like the noonday sun! My prayer is that stop, and we fall on our knees before a HOLY God and we take time to get Intimate with the King of Kings and we feast eating nothing but the best of the best. I was born for Thee, What is Thy will for me, I will do all for Thee! Living in the Moment!

2 comments:

Sam, Sarah, Claudia, Camile, Maya, and Gabriel said...

awww, I love the new pics you have up!

and I'm impressed--2 days in a row!!!

The Great One said...

FEAR!!!!

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

i hate fear, it hold us back from God's perfect will in our lives. great post chris, I really appreciate the mini sermons you post!!!