Saturday, September 12, 2009

Getting up and Moving on...

Psalm 71:1-4 says, "In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men."
Jesus is there in lives trouble in lives ruggedness, Jesus is there in times of difficult situations, Jesus is there in the good and in the bad. WHY? Listen, Because He cares! Jesus Loves you, more than you and I can even imagine! When you think of having a refuge it is an awesome thing to think that Almighty God longs to be your personal refuge. God longs to keep you and hold you out of shames reach. God longs to deliver us His children the sheep of His pasture. God turns His ear to us and listens to what we have to say! The Psalmist says, GOD be my rock of refuge that I can always go to. Are you running to God or are you running away from God? Are you longing for the things of God or are you longing for the things of this world? Get up and move on in Jesus! You can't do it by yourself and you won't do it with out the empowering love of the Holy Spirit! Remember Jesus prayed saying, "Father take this cup from me, yet not what I will but what you will." Jesus did not take the easy way out, he took the difficult road, the road of danger, of risk, and even death! Friends today, may the hand of God reach out to you, and be the refuge that today you are so needing! May you today be encouraged, empowered and moved to live for Jesus, not self! Be my refuge!

No comments: