Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Living out the Desires of the Heart

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." The longer I live for Jesus the longer I become aware of the fact that He is longing to bless me with the very desires of my heart! God is so loving and so compassionate and sometimes we only can see God who is Holy, who hates sin and who is longing for people to love him with our everything! Yet so quickly we forget that our God, God Almighty, The Alpha and Omega loves us and is longing to pour out into our lives blessing after blessing that flows from the desires of our heart! Some people believe that when God says that He will give us our hearts desire this really means spiritual issues! Friends today I believe that to believe this is to keep God in a little box and underestimate the God we serve who is Holy, who hates sin and loves the sinner, and who is longing for us to love him with our all daily! We underestimate the God who created the heavens and earth in 6 days! Delight yourself in Jesus, and your hearts desire will be given to you! Trust the Lord! Hears a story a little food for thought. My best friend from back home, years ago was praying for a 1969 SS Chevy Camaro, with blue racing stripes, owned by old people who had it in the barn. Guess what after praying for 10 years about a heart desire he had, God blessed him with a 1969 SS Chevy Camaro, with blue racing stripes, owned by old people, and they had it in the barn! Some people thought this is crazy to even pray, Lord bless me, But friends understand God is just longing to bless those who daily delight themselves in Jesus Christ! Jesus Bless me with a 4 door, 4x4 short bed pick up truck, as I delight myself in You! Jesus is able and today I trust and believe in the Holy Word of God!!! Delighting in Jesus.

No comments: