Friday, September 12, 2008

What IF?

What IF? What IF what? Have you ever wondered IF something? Like can you, will you, are you going to? I believe that the primary question really is IF! Over and over and over again we see where the bible and Jesus use the word IF when it comes to scripture and promises from God being fulfilled. It primarily rests upon us, IF we are willing to, IF we are going to, IF we even care to follow & obey. I wonder how many times the little IF shows up in our day to day lives, and beyond that I wonder how many times we either choose to ignore it, and it that bypass something really GREAT? IF? In 2 Chronicles 7:14, it says, "IF my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will forgive their sins and will heal their land." That scripture hinges on IF. IF we the CHURCH, IF we who have called by HIS Name, IF??? I have to confess that little word IF I believe can be our greatest hangup, or our greatest success! But to often I allow it to STOP me! WHY? Because I get in the way of what and where Jesus is wanting to go! You see God is making it about us, It's all about Jesus, IF we choose for it to be all about JESUS! You see, What IF, You know that Dream you have, that Passion you have deep in your heart, WHAT IF? You took God at HIS word and you put the IF to work, and you Fell on your knees, and you turned, turning to GOD? Well, the reality is you and I would see growth in our lives, we would see the church grow like never before, we would see GOD break through walls like never before seen! BUT IF stands in middle. What will you do with the (WHAT IF) today? Hey Together lets dare to take GOD at HIS word and trust that HIS Ways are truly better and greater than ours! Have a blessed DAY!

IN HIS GRIP CHRIS

No comments: