Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Again no Fear...

Well, here I am again reflecting on living life with NO FEAR! Well, God did it again, He took me to the scriptures and brought me to John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you, I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and DO NOT BE AFRAID!" WOW, living with the Peace of Jesus is what it is all about! Sometimes I wonder what in the world I am doing, but what I am doing or needing to do is press in closer to Jesus Christ! Instead, fear comes in and puts it's hands around my throat and instead of standing with boldness and power I find myself backing down and letting those things that should not just slip by! Why is it that FEAR is such a battle in the life of Christians, What are we, what am I afraid of! People perhaps can push, and pull at your heart, people can even say things that are very hurtful and wrong, people, people who call themselves Christians if they are not 100% for Jesus Christ find themselves being used for the work of the enemy through the power of words! I pray today, that Jesus would give to me the empowering I need to be all He wants me to be, not giving up, or letting go, or being afraid! Just like my little girl Kailey who finds herself being afraid of the dark, FEAR comes and as a parent I tell it to get out in Jesus name, but in the church, among people who at times can be so negative, I find myself cowardly backing down, JESUS GIVE ME BOLDNESS TO STAND FOR YOU ALL THE TIME, IN JESUS NAME!!!

No comments: