Thursday, January 14, 2010

Being a Slave of Righteousness

Starting this new work out and eating healthier takes lots of determination and constantly a beating for your body, telling it no, or wait, or later! Making my body my slave is like disciplining my daughters, it is constantly wait a little bit or in a few minutes or even NO! Our bodies if not trained for Gods glory will rule our lives and demand that we give in to take that simple bite or slack off on the work out, you name it and it is so critical that we make our bodies our slave instead of the other way around! Living for Jesus is so much more than merely going to church and singing songs, but its having a heart completely devoted to the Living God! The Bible calls us to be slaves of Righteousness for the Kingdom! In fact the Apostle Paul says he believes it is a privilege to be a slave for Christ! Life is so full of things to do and choices to make we need to be sure or for sure I need to be sure that I am consulting my master about what choice is best and how exactly I can be a Slave of Righteousness all for His glory! My 50 min. work out today liked to kill me, but I pressed on and made my body get with it and make it happen! Spiritually speaking works the same way, taking time to read the Word and Pray takes discipline, but if we will do it we will truly reap a harvest of Righteousness in Jesus Christ!

No comments: