Wednesday, January 13, 2010

FEAR...

Wrestling with fear is no fun, in fact it just seems to grab a hold of your life and not want to let go! In Jesus name we must stand up under His authority and demand that fear get back and out of our life! In Joshua 1:9 it says, "Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." That is the promise we need to stand on, and claim every day, because fear is knocking at my door and it is longing to master me! I failed last night by taking my frustration out on the one who is in my corner constantly backing me up, Carly my wife is amazing and yet I allow the frustration of ministry to get me sideways with her! NOT COOL! She is really challenging me to be BOLD to be STRONG and yet I feel like its an almost impossible task, because I hate conflict, and yet there seems to be more conflict in church settings then the work place in the world, this should not be! I don't believe God is pleased with the church in North America because we have become so self focused instead of Christ focused! I am tired of living life afraid because I am so concerned about what people may think of me! God through your Son Jesus Christ, give me Holy Spirit boldness to walk and live daily for you with no FEAR, give me the strength and power to stand up for you and not to waiver to the right or to the left! I am your man, and just like Joshua, help me Father to stand up for you even in the face of GIANTS, please in Jesus name give me victory to yield to you so that in all things I might be one who is used to defeat the Giants of the enemy! I again surrender my life to you, knowing I am nothing without you, but am able to do all things through Christ who gives me the STRENGTH!!!

2 comments:

Sam, Sarah, Claudia, Camile, Maya, and Gabriel said...

Chris,
I would like to share another portion of scripture with you that is one of my favorites when fear creeps my way, 1 John 4:15-18. It says, "Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. And he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have BOLDNESS in the day of judgment, because as he is, so are we in this world. THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE; BUT PERFECT LOVE CASTETH OUT FEAR:because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

I'm also reminded of a message that Dave preached on fear, using this definition:

Fear=False Evidence Appearing Real

Keep on keepin' on, Chris! Love you and praying for you!

Sarah

PS--CARLY ROCKS!!!! (Just thought I'd throw that in there lol)

Carly said...

I love you!