Thursday, September 2, 2010

Psalm 23:1

The first verse of Psalm 23 says this, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want." Let that sink in for just a moment, the Lord, Jesus Christ the King of Kings, David was declaring was his shepherd, and then to top it off he says and I shall NOT be in WANT! This sounds like a crazy thing to even suggest, but the more I begin to open up my mind and heart to this verse I am totally blown away by the power behind those few words! Since God is the shepherd of my life does that mean all my wants should come from and through His hands? My wants should perhaps no longer be coming through my ability to achieve those wants. My wants when placed in His hands seem to diminish little by little when I pause to think of Jesus being more than enough for me, so with this being said, IF THIS IS TRUE, then wants are satisfied because Jesus is my shepherd and my wants are in His hands, for He more than anything should be my greatest desire! Jesus is my shepherd, therefore I want nothing more, I confess I want to be at that point in my life, I want my wants to simply be for more of HIM! This seems to go back to the word intimacy for this is what the Father is looking for from us His children, and nothing less than our all! Father be more than enough for me, and be my shepherd, so my wants are for more of YOU!

No comments: