Friday, May 7, 2010

OUCH LIFE...

Life hurts, and the truth is Life can right down stink at times! In James 1:2, it says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." What in the world? Come on, Allow the joy to just pour out of you when your going through the very OUCH of LIFE? This not only seems crazy but is very difficult to do, I find myself saying this should not be, But James just says let the Joy out when in the face of life it hurts! Don't punch back, don't fight back, don't even respond in a negative way, just consider it pure JOY! WOW, and ouch all in the same sentence. This not only hurts but has tremendous truth for the believer when JOY is coming out in the midst of the TRIAL of life! I believe more than ever in North America the Church of Jesus Christ has powerfully quenched the Holy Spirit in many ways! I believe we quench the Spirit when first of all we get more absorbed in our own importance instead of God himself. When we are not living out our purpose in full daylight and choose to get caught up in the inner church fights we miss out on the Joy in the midst of the Ouch! life hurts, and yes it can even stink, but what is my Response going to be to someones action that is not only wrong but hurtful! I pray that even in those moments JOY is pouring out of me so that my Creator will be pleased with ME! For I know my Redeemer lives!!!

No comments: